This castle is located 6 kilometers from the Middle Bridge over Kir River. The actual village is found under the antique Drivatum. It was built during the Roman period as a shelter place for the road Shkodër - Kosovo. This castle is located 6 kilometers from the Middle Bridge over Kir River. The actual village is found under the antique Drivatum. It was built during the Roman period as a shelter place for the road Shkodër - Kosovo. This castle served as one of the fortresses that defended Shkodra. The castle is located at the top of an 800 meters high hill.
The art of photography in Albania begins about the middle of the 19-th century, with a first studio opened in 1858 by Pjeter Marubi in Shkodra-at that time one of the most important cities of Albania.
Pjeter Marubi (1834-1903) was a real master of photography. Unlike many other studios, which were set up later in Albania, Marubi’s studio was a laboratory of artistic photography from its initial steps.
Located behind the Rozafa Castle, the Lead Mosque was built in 1773 CE by Mehmet Pasha Bushati and is one of the most prominent cultural and religious monuments in the city of Shkodra. Of particular significance is its architectural similarity to the Blue Mosque in Istanbul. This stands it apart from other mosques in Albania, which were designed and built based on typical Arabic architectural styles.
The Plain of Shtoj is situated about 5 km to the northeast of the city of Shkodra, in the vicinity of the villages of Boks and Dragoc, on the western side of the Kir River. The excavated tumuli, or burial mounds, appear to have been used for centuries, from the early Bronze Age until the late Iron Age. Most of the unearthed features of these tumuli are artifacts of the Iron Age, specifically from the 7th - 5th centuries BCE.