Voskopoja was established in the year 1338 by Petro Muzaka , a grand duke of Muzakaj family. Only during the XVII- XVIII centuries it became a big urban center with 20.000 inhabitants. In that time Voskopoja developed a dense merchant activity with Venice, Vienna etc. Around the 1632 an Academy and a printing House were established. Other important constructions and monuments include the monastery of Saint Mary ( 1712), the Church of Saint Nicolas ( 1722). They were decorated by works of David Selenicasi (a famous painter of XVII Century).
In 1714 Grigor Deda brought an printing equipment from Venice. The Printing House of Voskopoja continued to publish books until the year 1762. It was called: Shen Llukaj Printing House. The typographer had was Grigor Kostandimidhi. The student of this academy has been Dhaskal Todhri, a personality of Albanian letters (characters). In the Albanian State Archive 18 books from the Printing House of Voskopja are preserved.