The Church of Saint Mary in the village of Labova e Kryqit has an inclusive cross-style with a typical provincial Byzantine roof type. Inside, the arches on two floors are used to support the roof, thus making reference to some of the churches of Constantinople. The date of origin has not yet been precisely determined due to a lack of written documents, but verbal accounts indicate that it dates back to the 14th -18th century CE. This is further confirmed by the similarities to churches in Kosturi and Ohrid at that time.
Gjirokastra Castle is mentioned for the first time as a city and a castle in 1336 CE. At that time, it was the center of the Albanian feudal family, Zenebisheve. Later, during the lordship of Gjin Bue Shpata, it was included in the Despotate of Epir. According to them, the castle underwent two construction phases, the first one during the Gjin Bue Shpata rule, and the second in the 19th century during the regime of Ali Pasha of Tepelena, who in 1812 CE occupied the fortress with a garrison of 5,000 soldiers.
The Bazaar of Gjirokastra (Pazari i Gjirokastrës) is situated on top of the castle hill, where even today the site is known as “The Old Bazaar”. The urban location of this site indicates that the bazaar belongs to the 17th century CE. According to Elvia Celebiu, from around 1771 - 1772 CE the old bazaar started gradually relocating towards the city center, where it exists today. At the end of the 19th century CE, a destructive fire destroyed the entire bazaar. After this tragedy, the bazaar was rebuilt according to contemporary architectural standards.
Tepelena Castle was built by Ali Pasha in the end of 18th century CE in the town of Tepelena. It was the second most important castle during his reign, after that in Ioanina. The construction of this monument was finished in the year 1819. It has an area of 4 - 5 hectares and is protected by three towers. The height of the walls reaches 10 meters. The eastern entrance is called “Porta e Vezirit,” upon which is an inscription.
Hadrianopolis is located in the Drino River Valley near Gjirokastra. This city was known as Adrianopolis in Roman times and the site features a theater which could accommodate approximately 4,000 spectators. It was excavated in 1984.