Korça's Orthodox Cathedral of the Resurrection was completely rebuilt in 1992 after the previous church on this site, St. George cathedral, was destroyed by the Communist authorities in 1968. Now the impressive pink building is the largest church in Albania, and the second largest in the Balkans. Inside, the modest white interior is is dominated by a huge carved wooden iconostasis. Also note the Albanian eagles carved into the chairs.
The people’s Painter Vangjush Miho was born in 1891 in Korça. He entered in the School of Fine Arts of Bucharest in painting branch in 1915 and he graduated from his school in 1919. Later he entered in the Institute of Fine Arts in Rome an institute in the academic tradition. In 1924 he got a scholarship from the state and he went to Rome again, where he sat his last exams for the diploma of painter and restorer of paintings.
Housed in two charming and well-preserved Ottoman-era buildings around a cobblestone courtyard that are worth to visit, the town's archaeology museum holds 1,200 Hellenic, Roman and Post-Byzantine objects from 6000 BCE to 600 CE. Highlights of the museum are a Byzantine-era floor mosaic and various Roman graves.
National Museum of Medieval Art is a museum in Korçë, Albania. It was established on April 24, 1980. The museum has over 7,000 art and cultural items, mainly icons and less stone, wooden, metal and textile works representing various moments in Albania iconography development. In the principal hall are many works of anonymous artists of the 13th-14th century and well-known ones such as Onufri, Onufër Qiprioti, Teacher Kostandini, Jeromak Shpataraku, David Selenica, the Zografi Brothers, etc.
The Churches of Voskopoja are in a small mountain village perched at a height of 1200 meters above sea level, 21 km west of Korça. It was once a very prominent city along the “Egnatia Road,” reaching its height in the middle of the 18th century CE with 24 churches and monasteries. Only seven of these twenty four churches remain still today.