This week-end, the Albanian National Tourism Agency is promoting in Tirana, in front of the Pyramid, the city of Gjirokastra. This event is organized in collaboration with the Ministry of Social Welfare and Youth, and the Municipality of Gjirokastra. Present in the activity for promoting the culinary values, but also artistic and cultural tradition of Gjirokastra, were the Minister of Social Welfare and Youth Mr. Erion Veliaj, Mayor of Gjirokastra Mr. Flamur Bime and the deputy of the Socialist Pary for the district of Gjirokastra Mr. Anastas Angjeli.
The Municipality of Debar, in cooperation with Invest Macedonia and the Albanian National Tourism Agency, organized a meeting with journalists from Albania in Debar. The main point of the meeting were the possibilities of cooperation i the field of tourism and investments. For this reason was organized different meetings too with the business sector.
Iljaz Mirahori’s Mosquewas built in 1484. This mosque is the most ancient monument in the city, and stands out for its historical, cultural, religious and architectural values. It is situated south-west of the Fan Noli Boulvard. A number of paintings of the Mecca and Medina are hung on the walls. The minaret was damaged in an earthquake reported in the 18th century but has recently been characteristically rebuilt.
Et'hem Haji Bey began to build the clock tower in the years 1881-1882 and ended it with the help of the richest families of Tirana. In 1928 the Albanian state bought an hour in Germany and raised the tower to 35m. During World War II, the tower was damaged and was repaired in 1946. Until 1971 it was the highest building in Tirana.
The Bektashi Way is a mystical path whose goal is to perfect man’s soul. It is the path which guides the believer and brings him to his ultimate goal: closeness to God. As a doctrine originating from Islamic principles, Bektashism has its own interpretation of the Holy Qur’an and the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad and the Twelve Holy Imams. Bektashism respects all monotheist faiths. The late Baba Rexheb presented clearly the fundaments of Bektashi doctrine and history in his well-known book The Mysticism of Islam and Bektashism (Detroit, 1970).
This castle is located near Rodoni Cape and was built from Skanderbeg with the intention of reaching out to the sea. It was built during the first surrounding of Kruja on 1450 and was finished on 1452. The walls of this castle had a length of 400 meters and at its corners were located some circular towers. As a result of the abrasive activity of the sea water, some parts of the castle sink in the Adriatic waters. Nowadays, visitors can only see the walls of the outer part of the castle that end at a circular tower.
It is located at the top of a dominant hill near the industrial town of Patos. It is an antique monument belonging to VII century B.C. It was a satellite fortress of ancient Bylis. This castle was also a battlefield during the Second World War. From the top of the castle, one can see a very nice view, overlooking the open vistas.
This castle is located on a strategic hill overlooking the town of Saranda. From here it is possible to see the whole town as well as the islands of Ksamil. The castle of Lëkurs was built in the XVI century. It is thought that it was built on 1537 by Sultan Suleyman who attacked Corfu and needed to control the harbor of Saranda and the road that connected it with Butrint.
This castle is the most important tourist object of Kruja city. The castle was built during the V - VI centuries. It has an elliptic form with a perimeter of 804 meters. The surrounding walls are fortified with 9 towers. In the highest point, in the north - eastern part, is located the Clock Tower, that used to serve for the notification and signaling of the Petrela castle and Durrës city.