Housed in two charming and well-preserved Ottoman-era buildings around a cobblestone courtyard that are worth to visit, the town's archaeology museum holds 1,200 Hellenic, Roman and Post-Byzantine objects from 6000 BCE to 600 CE. Highlights of the museum are a Byzantine-era floor mosaic and various Roman graves.
National Museum of Medieval Art is a museum in Korçë, Albania. It was established on April 24, 1980. The museum has over 7,000 art and cultural items, mainly icons and less stone, wooden, metal and textile works representing various moments in Albania iconography development. In the principal hall are many works of anonymous artists of the 13th-14th century and well-known ones such as Onufri, Onufër Qiprioti, Teacher Kostandini, Jeromak Shpataraku, David Selenica, the Zografi Brothers, etc.
Situated on the eastern side of the castle, the Church of Evangelistria is diferent from most of its contemporary churches, and is distinguished for its larger proportions and for a more careful elaboration of its architectural elements. It is composed of the nave, a two story narthex and the portico. The single nave has two entrances, one on the northern side through the portico, and one on the western side, both of which lead to the narthex. The altar area is divided from the nave by a wooden iconostasis which has few original parts in its composition.
Kisha e Shën Mitrit (St. Demetrius’ Church) doesn’t look like much, but it is interesting, nevertheless. What stands today here was rebuilt on the remains of an old temple in the XVI-XVII centuries; and the murals were painted in 1607. A porch was built later around the church, on three sides. Inside, the church only has a small naos and altar. The church was entirely built of limestone and clay.
The church can be found on Rrugica Shën Triadha, not far from Xhamia e Kuqe and Kisha e Shën Mitrit.
St. Mary of Blachernae Church (Albanian: Kisha e Shën Mëri Vllahernës) is a church inside Berat Castle, in Berat, Albania, named after the famous Church of St. Mary of Blachernae, near the Palace of Blachernae in Constantinople. It dates from the 13th century and contains 16th-century murals. It became a protected cultural monument in 1948.
It is believed that a 5th or 6th century monastery existed at the place of the church. Nikolla Onufri, son of the more famous Onufri, decorated in the church in 1578 with prophets and bibles' scenes. The ground is decorated with a mosaic.
The Church of Saint Mary in the village of Labova e Kryqit has an inclusive cross-style with a typical provincial Byzantine roof type. Inside, the arches on two floors are used to support the roof, thus making reference to some of the churches of Constantinople. The date of origin has not yet been precisely determined due to a lack of written documents, but verbal accounts indicate that it dates back to the 14th -18th century CE. This is further confirmed by the similarities to churches in Kosturi and Ohrid at that time.