The Saint Triad Church was built between the second half of the 13th century CE and the beginning of 14th century CE.It is the best example of the inscribed cross-type churches with a cupola. It is composed of a naos supported by four pillars and narthex that was built later on. It has side wings made by an archway system, and in the center is the cupola. The church’s walls contain stones, pieces of brick in the lower part and opus mixtum in the upper part. There are also mural paintings in the interior of the church.
The “Lead” Mosque, it was built in the year 1481.The social, cultural and religious structure embodies the topology of classic Turkish portico style halls with a cupola and the mosque at the right side of the entrance. Together with the mosque were built a tekke, a halvetitarikat and a bathroom with water supply from the aqueduct built in 1640 CE by the imperial architect Reiz Mimar Kasemi. It is unknown when these constructions were ruined, but at the end of 19th century CE, the portico of the mosque was reconstructed.
The remains of the Red Mosque are visible to the south of the upper fortress, near the west surrounding-wall of the castle. It is believed that this monument is the mosque that Elvia Celebiu identifies as Sultan Bajaziti’s mosque when he was writing about the castle. The building contains the hall for prayers with an almost square-shaped floor plan and forms a vestibule in front of it with the same width. On the left side of the hall is the minaret. This placing, different from other mosques, seems to be due to the close proximity of the boundary wall to the southwest.
The first excavations at this site began in the year 1963 headed by Albanian archaeologist Prof. Dr. Aleksandra Mano. Since that time, a 30m long stoa (covered walkway) has been unearthed. The monument clearly resembles to the same monument of Apollonia, indicating the strong links between these two cities. Many stamped tiles have also been found, bearing the names of the workshop owners, but also the word “DIMALITAN” indicating that the workshops were property of the city. The writer Polybius mentioned the role of the city in the Second Illyrian-Roman war, around 218 BCE.
The Churches of Voskopoja are in a small mountain village perched at a height of 1200 meters above sea level, 21 km west of Korça. It was once a very prominent city along the “Egnatia Road,” reaching its height in the middle of the 18th century CE with 24 churches and monasteries. Only seven of these twenty four churches remain still today.
The Ristozi Church of Mbroje in Korca is defined and framed by the naos, a porch that lies in the western and southern parts. The church structure is an inscribed cross type. On the eastern wall, we find the semicircular Abside, with an arched Nike. Two other Nikes, reaching the ground, are in the southern and northern walls. The church has two entrance portals, one in the southern part and the other in the eastern part. An equiangular at the junction point of the cross beams tumbler lifts up on a podium.