Submitted by admin on Thu, 09/26/2013 - 18:06
The castle of Borshi is located at a top of a hill and is highly damaged.This castle was built during the medieval times and it belongs to the IV century. It has a surface of 5 hectares and a basement made of many stone-blocks. This castle was mentioned for the first time in 1258 with the name Arkontea e Sopotit. During this year the castle was given to Helena, daughter of the Despot from Epir.The castle was invaded from the Ottomans during 1417, and on 1441, it was invaded from the Arbër Prince, Kostandin Muzaka. The Ottomans regained control of the castle on 1848. This castle was also invaded from Ali Pashë Tepelena.