Submitted by tirana on Wed, 10/23/2013 - 13:32
This is the only still existing mosque out of eight mosques that were built in Tirana in century XVIII-XIX. Its foundation was laid by MollaBey at the end of the century XVIII, and the chapel was completed by his son Haji EthemBey in the first quarter of the century XIX. MollaBey managed to build the dome of the mosque, unable to finish the minaret, the portico, the plastering and the decoration of the mosque’s walls because he died. His son Haji Et'ehemBey finished the roof of the mosque, built the porch and decorated the mosques with paintings and ornaments. The chapel was finished in 1236 'h (1820-1821).