Submitted by admin on Wed, 07/10/2013 - 18:58
Tepelena Castle was built by Ali Pasha in the end of 18th century CE in the town of Tepelena. It was the second most important castle during his reign, after that in Ioanina. The construction of this monument was finished in the year 1819. It has an area of 4 - 5 hectares and is protected by three towers. The height of the walls reaches 10 meters. The eastern entrance is called “Porta e Vezirit,” upon which is an inscription.